If there’s one thing that really gets u p my nose its getting e-mails from people who have scrounged my e-mail address from somewhere, have never met me and don’t know anything about me. They seem to think that they can send me mind boggling offers, invitations to give them my bank account details so I can get millions of dollars from some dead African dictator’s slush fund, approvals for cheap mortgage loans I’ve never asked for, jaw dropping pornography about acts I’ve never even dreamed of, assorted dubious get rich quick schemes and share offers and who knows what else. And I just hate that stuff!
So here’s my guarantee. My team and I will only use your contact details to send you our newsletters and other information that I think may be interesting and of value to you, your team or your business. We will certainly never provide your details to any third party.
In a nutshell, I’ll do unto you as I would have you do unto me.
If you’d like the full version, here it is:
- What personally identifiable information that Winston Marsh collects from you and how we use the information;
- Who is collecting your information and with whom may your information be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information;
- What are “cookies” and how Winston Marsh uses them;
- How Winston Marsh protects your personal information; and
- What else you should know about your online privacy.
To maintain professional standards of confidentiality, we follow these guidelines:
- What personally identifiable information Winston Marsh collects from you and how we use the information: Winston Marsh collects information necessary to respond to your requests for our products and services. Information is gathered in several ways from different parts of our website. For example, when you sign up we ask for your name and e-mail address, and self-identifying information. This information is secure and stored to make providing our services easier and more personalised for you. We do not sell, rent or barter your information. (Back to Top)
- Who is collecting your information and with whom may your information be shared: Winston Marsh uses the information collected from you in accordance with this Policy and the privacy policies of our partners. We may use your information to send you promotional materials on Winston Marsh and our partners. We may use your information to contact you, if necessary. Winston Marsh may also disclose information if required to do so by law, court order, or as required by other governmental or legal entities. (Back to Top)
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information: You may occasionally receive information about Winston Marsh products and services, and the products and services of our partners. We hope you find these updates both interesting and informative. However, if you do not want to receive such information, please let us know at the time you provide your information, or at a later time. (Back to Top)
- What are cookies and how Winston Marsh uses them: Cookies are small bits of code, usually stored on a user’s computer hard drive. these “bits of code” enable a web site to “personalise” itself for each user. No other company has access to our cookies. We use “cookies” technology to reduce the time required for you to submit your requests. Cookies re not used by us the retrieve any information about you from your computer that you have not voluntarily given to us. Note that cookies may also be received when you link to our partners sites. You can edit your browser to not accept cookies, but the features of our web sites may not function properly (for example, the products shopping cart) if you do not accept cookies. (Back to Top)
- How Winston Marsh protects your personal information: For all our transactions, we employ reasonable and current Internet and security methods and technologies. We password protect, use encryption techniques, and may install firewalls where appropriate. We strive to protect you. We encourage our participating service providers to adopt and honour their own consumer privacy policies. While we strive to protect your personal information, no system can be guaranteed. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that transmits to us. Once we receive your information, we use our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems. (Back to Top)
- What else you should know about your online privacy: Any changes to our privacy promise will be communicated through our web site at least ten (10) days in advance of implementation. (Back to Top)